SEAN AMOS: Who Am I?

Who Am I?

My name is Amos but people call me Sean. My ethnic background explains a lot of who I am, and the values that I have developed. I grew up with a large family because my parents took the religious decree, go out and fill the earth, literally. I have 2 brothers and 5 sisters, but not such a big family when everyone is all grown up. Growing up in this environment helped mold me into the man that I have become today.


My family is religious and we went to church every week. Even as a child I attended church schooling where they taught us about our religion, manners and place in society, which in turn educated me about where I came from. However, now I am not that religious and don't go to church often because I believe it is becoming corrupted and commercialized. My family and my parents in particular, provided me with the morals that I hold to be true. I am very grateful of the way my parents brought me up. They always told me do to others as you would like them to do to you. That phrase is what I keep in mind but in a more corrupted manner, ‘do unto others before they do unto you.’


I haven't always done the right thing, but I have learned from it when I think back. The foundation has been set for me so I just have to build upon it.
I literally eat, sleep, watch a bit of telly, go on the net and study a little. I sometimes try to fit in a bit of exercise once in a while but I'm terribly unfit most of the time. I enjoy going on the internet but sometimes i get so addicted i find myself on for hours and hours but basically that’s what IT people do.


I enjoy being at home with my family but sometimes i prefer to be outside and away for a while.

My room is often quite messy because i tend to immediately throw things on my bed or floor when i arrive home from work or a day out with friends. I rarely hang up my clothes when i take them off and you will find socks and other stuff lying around the floor. That’s just me.

I love African American comedy, to be precise Dave Chappelle, Steve Harvey and Kat Williams, mainly because it’s a good laugh and the ideas are so random and different, its so ridiculously funny. I can go on and on about the set of comedians but i think that's just going to bore you to death considering that you also know them very well, hopefully. Like everyone, i have friends. (thank God). However, i don't have many close friends, only a small group of close friends that i trust and know very well.


I am me. I am Sean, my culture and environment has shaped who I am, for good and for bad. I battle some stereotypes and try to be different. I try not to judge others before I know them. I am neither perfect, nor do I try to be. Although I do not fight, I still learn and I listen to what is going on around me.

No comments:

Tourism: Africa the unmatched travel destination

A giraffe at the Nile River “…the West has a perception problem. Because when we talk about Africa, more often than not, it's to tal...